While visiting Australia for a holiday, you have to show that you have enough funds to support yourself. If you are worried about the money, you may consider working during your holiday trip. But for that purpose, you will require a Working Holiday Visa 462. In this article, we discuss all the essential aspects to give you a clear idea.
What Is A Working Holiday Visa 462?
In short, the Working Holiday Visa Subclass 462 is a temporary visa that will allow you to work while you visit Australia for a holiday. The validity of these visas is usually for 12 months. They are issued under a cultural exchange program between Australia and a few specific nations that promote intercultural understanding and diversity. Your age must be between 18 and 30, and you should fulfill the following Visa Subclass 462 eligibility criteria.
- Your passport should be from an eligible country.
- You must have proficiency in English (except you are from a native English-speaking country)
- You should satisfy the academic requirements.
- Health requirements should also be satisfied.
- Only one application can be made for the cultural exchange program, and also, you should be outside Australia at the time of visa grant.
- You must show that you have enough money to support yourself.
- You must have proof of having sufficient funds to borrow a return ticket.
- As per the government rules, you cannot include your dependent children in your visa application.
What Are The Eligible Countries?
The list of eligible countries under Working Holiday Visa 462 includes Argentina, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Chile, Malaysia, Turkey, Thailand, Poland, Uruguay, and the United States of America.
How Can You Apply For A Work And Holiday Visa 462?
You have to follow the steps for a complete and successful application. However, if you require professional help at specific stages, you can contact ISA Migrations to get suggestions to form a registered migration agent from Perth.
Gather All The Supportive Documents
- You have to provide the following documents in your application.
- Copies of the first two pages of your passport that contain general biographical information.
- Birth Certificate copy.
- Two recent copies of passport-sized photographs (45mm x 35mm dimensions) with your name printed on the back of your pictures.
- A back account statement copy will show that you have sufficient money to support yourself. You must have a minimum amount of AUD 5000.
Complete The Application Form 1208
- Are you from the United States? Then, you may apply online on the official website of the Australian Government.
- But, if you are from any other country, you must complete Form 1208. If you are from countries like Bangladesh, Argentina, Chile, Thailand, Indonesia, or Turkey, you must apply to Australian Immigration in your passport country.
- But, if you come from Malaysia or China, you must be present in person at the Australia Consulate Office in your country and then lodge your application.
- But, if you are from Poland, Spain or Portugal, you should make the lodgement at the Australian Immigration Office in Berlin, Germany.
- And, if you want to lodge your from Uruguay, you have to go to Buenos Aires and then install your application at the city’s Australian Immigration Office.
- You need to complete the payment procedure
- You have to wait for the Department’s decision.
- After you get the visa, you should start traveling and working.
In order to apply for this visa, you will be required to provide a number of documents.
These may include:
- A valid passport (with blank pages)
- Passport photographs
- A completed application form
- Current bank statement showing that you have enough
- Money to support yourself in Australia (AUD 5,000)
- A community college or any university degree
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING?
All documents attached to the application must be in English. Those that don’t have to be supplied with a translation.
They will need clear, color scans or photographs of each of these documents. If a document has more than one page, it should be saved as a single file.
If applying using the paper form, suggest they keep a copy of their application. All documents should be certified and attached only once.
Their only other obligation is to sign the Australian Values Statement. This is a document that confirms they agree to respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws while they’re in the country.
HOW LONG UNTIL THEY GET A RESPONSE?
About three-quarters of applications are processed within 24 days, but it can take longer, especially if applicants don’t fill out the form correctly or forget to attach the right documents. Ninety percent of applications are processed within 32 days.
What Is The Application Cost For A Visa 462?
The visa application cost varies from time to time, and this variation depends on the date when the Department receives your application. The price range starts from AUD 440. If your visa application gets refused or in case of withdrawal, you will not get any refund. In addition to the application fees, you may also have to pay other costs like health assessment costs and police certificates. You will also need to produce other certificates and test results, and you should make all the necessary arrangements.
How Long Can You Stay With The Visa?
You can stay in Australia for a maximum period of 12 months from the date you enter Australia. Until the visa remains valid, you may travel in and out of Australia as many times as you wish. Please note that once the visa is activated, you cannot get any extension. It means that if you are somewhere else for a specific period, it will not be calculated in the period length for which the visa remains valid.
What Are The Work Restrictions And Requirements?
The primary aim of this visa is to allow you to get casual and temporary jobs so that you can fund your travels and support yourself during the holiday. You can work in a specific post for at most six months. You can extend this period under special permission if you work for the same company but in different regions or cities, in-plant cultivation or animal rearing, or in specific industrial sectors like construction or aged care in Northern Australia.
What are the benefits of a Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)?
The unique thing about this visa is that it allows you to travel to Australia and work during your stay. It is a wonderful way to experience the country and continue to have an income.
What Benefits Can You Get From Visa 462?
You can travel and work simultaneously with this visa. So, in a word, it will give you a fantastic opportunity to taste the country’s culture while earning a decent salary.
How Can You Extend Your Work And Holiday Visa?
While traveling, you may fall in love with the country. Then, for extending your stay in Australia, you should follow these rules. You have to do work specified by the Government for at least three months in any eligible northern and regional area of Australia. Then, you can make an application for a Second Work and Holiday Visa that will allow you to stay and work here for another year.
Where To Get Help?
Regarding work-related queries also, ISA Migrations can help you. You can sit with their qualified Immigration Agent Perth to know what job opportunities can be available.